Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by OutdoorAg
2-7x scopes are a scope for woodland hunters

I'll open my freezer when I get home to tell my whitetail that he had it all wrong. Should have been in dark wooded country, not the open range field where I killed him.

While I'm at it, I'll aplogize to all paper shooters for the 1/2 inch groups I shoot on 7 power with this little scope. I'll pick up some "big scopes" to "shrink groups".

Sheesh

Sheesh indeed.
Why all this time, the benchrest and varmint communities have been spending extra on fancy 20x+ scopes when they could have been using your 2-7x to get the same groups!
FWIW, my last whitetail was taken with a set of Williams iron sights. They weren't the best tool for the job, but they sufficed.
Discounting the need for magnification to kill whitetails with a large vital area at various ranges is one thing, but discounting the value of magnification to allow shooters to shrink groups or hit smaller targets is rather dubious.Not all of us are Jimmy Stewart from Winchester 73, able to shoot postage stamps off of washers with our buckhorn sights.

GB1

D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug
Originally Posted by Kimber7man
Originally Posted by gr8fuldoug

We have also worked it out with Vortex to build more for us in both Plex and BDC. These should be arriving in the early Spring. Do not fret, we listen when you speak to us and we heard the voices saying this scope was a keeper.

Doug,

Any chance these will get HD glass?

Nope, it is the same high quality scope they had made, however, as opposed to the $259.99 that it had sold for when it was in their line we will be offering it in your choice of Plex or BDC for only $199.99

I'd pay the extra back to the old price for HD glass.

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
I can see why they discontinued a 2-7. Honestly, I don't know many guys who use them, most use 3-9's or higher. That said, having had a few 2-7's myself I really don't like them either. The only time I could see them being useful is for super close range shots. I never have any desire for anything less than 3x, and 98% of the time I never use less than 4x, but there are a lot of cases on the bench where I can certainly benefit from more than 7x, or even more than 9x. I just really don't see the point to a 2-7, because while it can get the job done, it seems like there is something that can get it done better for just about every situation.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (6mmCreedmoor, artur, Backroads, 260Remguy, 6MMWASP, 10 invisible), 1,499 guests, and 926 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,758
Posts18,476,398
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.